50 Food Quotes

http://breakstheday.blogspot.com/2015/07/50-food-quotes.html
50 Food Quotes

1.There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw
2.You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six.
Yogi Berra
3.Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul.
Dorothy Day
4.Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It's about honesty. It's about identity.
Louise Fresco
5.Most of us have fond memories of food from our childhood. Whether it was our mom's homemade lasagna or a memorable chocolate birthday cake, food has a way of transporting us back to the past.
Homaro Cantu
6.You don't need a silver fork to eat good food.
Paul Prudhomme
7.Eating is not merely a material pleasure. Eating well gives a spectacular joy to life and contributes immensely to goodwill and happy companionship. It is of great importance to the morale.
Elsa Schiaparelli
8.So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being.
Franz Kafka
9.If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
Mother Teresa
10.My family lived off the land and summer evening meals featured baked stuffed tomatoes, potato salad, corn on the cob, fresh shelled peas and homemade ice cream with strawberries from our garden. With no air conditioning in those days, the cool porch was the center of our universe after the scorching days.
David Mixner
11.Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.
Audrey Hepburn
12.There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
Kevin James
13.Instead of going out to dinner, buy good food. Cooking at home shows such affection. In a bad economy, it's more important to make yourself feel good.
Ina Garten
14.What I've enjoyed most, though, is meeting people who have a real interest in food and sharing ideas with them. Good food is a global thing and I find that there is always something new and amazing to learn - I love it!
Jamie Oliver
15.Food is our common ground, a universal experience.
James Beard
16.Anything is good if it's made of chocolate.
Jo Brand
17.The only think I like better than talking about Food is eating.
John Walters
18.If you really want to make a friend, go to someone's house and eat with him... the people who give you their food give you their heart.
Cesar Chavez
19.It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.
Kurt Cobain
20.Wine and cheese are ageless companions, like aspirin and aches, or June and moon, or good people and noble ventures.
M. F. K. Fisher
21.I like food. I like eating. And I don't want to deprive myself of good food.
Sarah Michelle Gellar
22.Wine is bottled poetry.
Robert Louis Stevenson
23.When I eat with my friends, it is a moment of real pleasure, when I really enjoy my life.
Monica Bellucci
24.A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite.
Leo Tolstoy
25.When a man's stomach is full it makes no difference whether he is rich or poor.
Euripides
26.In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport.
Julia Child
27.I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.
A. Whitney Brown
28.The best comfort food will always be greens, cornbread, and fried chicken.
Maya Angelou
29.Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal.
Sandra Lee
30.One should eat to live, not live to eat.
Moliere
31.Civilization as it is known today could not have evolved, nor can it survive, without an adequate food supply.
Norman Borlaug
32.Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.
Doug Larson
33.I love food and I love everything involved with food. I love the fun of it. I love restaurants. I love cooking, although I don't cook very much. I love kitchens.
Alma Guillermoprieto
34.Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
W. C. Fields
35.I always think if you have to cook once, it should feed you twice. If you're going to make a big chicken and vegetable soup for lunch on Monday, you stick it in the refrigerator and it's also for Wednesday's dinner.
Curtis Stone
36.A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.
Aesop
37.Too many people just eat to consume calories. Try dining for a change.
John Walters
38.Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner.
Sophia Loren
39.I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate.
Julia Child
40.Stop being a vegan and start enjoying what you eat.
Jamie Oliver
41.It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.
Lewis Grizzard
42.Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are.
Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
43.Sandwiches are wonderful. You don't need a spoon or a plate!
Paul Lynde
44.The most dangerous food is wedding cake.
James Thurber
45.Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
Sai Baba
46.Every two months, I allow myself a splurge day where I eat thick, doughy pizza from Pizzeria Uno or an ice cream sundae from my store with birthday-cake ice cream, Marshmallow Fluff, and toppings mixed in.
Dylan Lauren
47.He was a bold man that first ate an oyster.
Jonathan Swift
48.Gluttony is an emotional escape, a sign something is eating us.
Peter De Vries
49.Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better.
Robert Redford
50Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive.
George Bernard Shaw
Source: brainy quotes,wikipedia
Upcoming:food recipes,inspirational quotes about life,quote about life,funny quotes on food

Post a Comment

0 Comments